Self Clinching Studs for PC Boards
Broaching-type self clinching studs have a tin electroplating to promote solderability. These industrial self clinching stud fasteners have the flexibility of being used as a solderable connector or as a permanently attached mechanical fastener. These studs are a standard item within the JHP Fasteners product offering. Contact us today to place your next order.
Broaching-type Stud Properties:
- Material: Phosphor bronze CDA-510 (finished with electro tin plating, ASTM B545 Class B (Zinc optional)).
- Suitable for use in: Materials with HRB-55 or less.
- Thread: Class 2A, MIL-S-772, (6g ISO metric).
- Available thread sizes:
- Inches: #4-40, #6-32, #8-32, #10-32
- Metric (mm): M3 x 0.5, M4 x 0.7, M5 x 0.8
- Available stud lengths: Depending on thread size, the following stud lengths are available:
- Inches: Range from .250 through .750
- Metric: Range from 6mm to 18mm
PC Board Self Clinching Stud Application Notes:
- The broaching-type stud can be used as a solderable connector, or as a threaded fastener, and is a common selection for use in printed circuit board materials. They can be quickly and easily installed, and provide an attachment that is permanent and strong. Their use eliminates the need for cumbersome nuts, washers, and other hardware and can reduce a product’s overall Bill of Material (BOM) cost.
- Depending on the thread size being used, the following performance ranges will be achieved (based on fiberglass thickness of .060” (1.5mm)).
- Push-out performance: Between 65 and 90 pounds
- Torque-out performance: Between 7 and 17 pounds
The broaching-type stud is ideally suited for use in fiberglass based sheets. They are a common choice in many electronic products and applications. JHP Fasteners can evaluate your particular requirement and help you determine whether or not this is the type of industrial fastener that well best meet your demands. Our 40 years of industry experience allows us to provide you with that type of consultation.
Contact JHP for your next Self Clinching Stud order today
Contact us for any industrial fastener requirement you may have. We will work hard to win, and retain, your business!