Self Clinching Blind Standoffs
Standard and metric self clinching blind standoffs provide fast and trouble-free insertion through the utilization of any standard mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic press. Self clinch blind standoffs effectively eliminate the need for secondary operations such as drilling and tapping and are typically used in metal sheets with thicknesses of .040” and greater.
Monroe-JHP Fasteners is your premier destination for self clinching blind threaded standoffs. Contact us for more information regarding our stocked inventory of standard and metric self clinching blind standoffs, or call us at 800-783-0910 and one of our knowledgeable professionals will gladly assist you with your specific questions.
*Self Clinching Blind Standoffs from Monroe-JHP Fasteners are equivalent to PEM Blind Standoffs.
Differentiating Between Self Clinch Blind Standoffs & Standard Self Clinching StandoffsStandard self clinch standoffs are permanently mounted fastener devices that are installed through mechanical, pneumatic, or hydraulic means. Standard self clinching standoffs are ideal for applications that must be mounted, spaced, or stacked. Self-clinching blind threaded standoffs operate on the same principles as standard self clinching fasteners, except that a self clinching BSO has a blind hole instead of the through hole of the standard style. Self clinching BSOs are simple to install and provide a great mounting solution that is sealed off from the environment.
Self Clinching Blind Standoff Material OptionsBased on your specific project requirements, JHP Fasteners offers their self clinch blind standoffs in a variety of material options including:
- Heat-treated carbon steel (finished in Zinc clear)
- 303 Series stainless steel (finished per passivated ASTM A380)
- 7075-T6 aluminum (no finish)
- 400 Series stainless steel (specifically designed to be installed in S.S. (stainless steel) sheet metal
Standard & Metric Self Clinching Blind StandoffsSince certain projects require different sized fasteners, Monroe JHP Fasteners offers our standard and metric self clinching blind standoffs in several different size variations.
Self Clinching Blind Threaded Standoff Installation ProcessIf you need a robust fastener that is easily incorporated into an automated assembly process, the self-clinching, blind standoff will meet those requirements. Monroe JHP Fasteners will guide you in the selection of the most appropriate industrial fastener for your individual requirement. The following guidelines will assist you in the installation of your self clinch blind standoff.
- Select the appropriate hole size.
- Place the standoff barrel end into the hole on the side opposite the mating face.
- Ensure both plate and standoffs are aligned the same axis.
- Apply exacting pressure with a profiled die and flat anvil for proper installation.
- If properly installed the head should be flush with the sheet metal.
Choose Monroe JHP Fasteners for your Self Clinching BSO Fastener NeedsMonroe JHP Fasteners is your trusted source for standard and metric self clinching blind standoffs and any other type of fastener product that you can think of. Some of the ways in which we separate ourselves from the competition include:
- 40 years of industry experience
- Attractive pricing
- Fast and friendly customer service
- Large product offering
- Extensive industry experience