With several different types of floating nut insert options to choose from, it can be difficult to determine which is right for your specific application. Monroe-JHP Fastener’s provides float nut resources and information that explains the differences in each floating nut style, simplifying the float nut selection process and saving you valuable time and money.
If you have questions regarding any of our floating nut insert product options, get in touch with our sales team or give us a call at 800-783-0910 and we will gladly assist you in finding the correct floating nut based on your project’s exact specifications. Monroe-JHP Fasteners is your trusted source for premium quality float nuts.
Float Nut Product OptionsAt Monroe-JHP Fasteners, we provide you with a wide range of float nut options to suit all types of applications. Whether your project requires the use of a self-clinching floating nut, self-locking nut, floating cage nut, or a blind rivet nut with floating threads, we maintain an abundant stock of the fasteners you need.
- Provide load-bearing threads in thin sheets
- Permit a total of .030”/0.76 mm adjustment for mating hole misalignment
- Sheet remains flush on one side, and the fastener is permanently locked in place on the other side
- Threads of the floating nut extend into the retainer shank for extra strength and support in assembly
- The floating self-clinching nut provides a strong female thread ideally suited for use in cold-rolled steel, 2024-T3 aluminum, and 5052-H34 aluminum.
- This industrial fastener utilizes a clinch feature that provides excellent torque-out and push-out performance and is installed via application of a parallel squeezing force.
- The floating self-clinching nut is available in non-locking and self-locking versions.
- Self-locking thread technology
- Provides improved integrity of threaded joints
- Low installed cost solution
- Greater reusability
- The floating locking self-clinching nut provides a strong female thread ideally suited for use in cold-rolled steel, 2024-T3 aluminum, and 5052-H34 aluminum sheet metal.
- The floating action of the nut will compensate for mating hole misalignment of up to .030” (.8mm).
- This industrial fastener provides prevailing torque for the mating screw that is equivalent to MIL-N-250-27.
- Heat treated floating nut
- Easily installed
- Easily replaceable
- Ocean Containers
- Rail Cars
- Vibration resistant
- Creates a threaded removable joint
- Can be installed in the field as needed
- The large flange floating rivet nut is inserted via a hydro-pneumatic (or manual) tool equipped with a floating rivet nut nose piece.
- The floating rivet nut aligns to drive the angle of the screw, thereby eliminating cross-threading and spin-out.
- The large flange floating rivet nut is specifically designed for post-production installation in applications that typically use clinch nuts, cage nuts, floating nut plates, or weld nuts.
- They are an ideal choice in those cases where the manufacturing process creates tolerance stack-up and off-center alignments.