High Strength Blind Rivets (Comparison to Structural POP® Rivets)
During installation, the mandrel remains within the shear plane of the fastener, yielding high strength under shear loads. In addition, the internal lock ensures positive mandrel retention, resulting in high strength under pullout loads.
These rivets are leak resistant and provide excellent clamp-up force. The mandrels break flush with the heads when applied, and the rivets are set without a special nose piece. They offer a vibration-resistant connection and are suitable for a wide variety of applications.
Internal locking fasteners have wide grip ranges, and might be used for a variety of applications in order to reduce the number of different fasteners kept in stock.
Structural Rivet Materials
- Aluminum, rivet size 3/16”, 1/4” and 3/8”
- Steel, rivet size 3/16”, 1/4” and 3/8”
- Stainless steel, rivet size 3/16” and 1/4”
Structural Rivet Head Styles
- Button (Dome) head for all sizes and materials
- Countersunk head in all materials. 1/4” size, grip range .160-.475 only
High Strength Structural Rivet Specifications
- Compliant with IFI-134
Structural Blind Rivet Advantages:
- The initial rivet costs, labor costs, and costs of machine time to set the rivets in parts are lower than those of threaded fasteners
- Rivets are able to join dissimilar materials of various thicknesses.
- They can be plated, painted or have other treatments.
- Rivets can serve as fasteners, inserts, spacers, pivot shafts, electric contacts, or stops.
- They can be used to temporarily line up parts.
- Parts that are painted or have other finishes can be fastened by rivets without damaging the finish on the part.