High-Torque Self Clinching Studs
High-Torque self-clinching studs offer distinct advantages when compared to weld studs and other types of industrial fasteners. These self-clinching fasteners have a heavy head configuration that provides greater torque-out and pull-through performance, making them an ideal choice for a variety of industrial applications. JHP Fasteners carries a full variety of these self-clinching studs to meet virtually any requirement that you may have. Contact Us today to place your next high torque self clinching stud order.
High-Torque Self-Clinching Stud Properties:
- Material: JHP Fasteners offers a choice of: Heat-treated medium carbon steel, 300 series stainless steel, and Phosphor Bronze CDA-510.
- Heat-treated medium carbon steel – Zinc clear
- 300 series stainless steel – Passivated ASTM A380
- Phosphor Bronze CDA-510 - None
- Thread: Class 2A, MIL-S-7742; (6g ISO Metric)
- Suitable for use in: The high-torque self-clinching stud is suitable for use in cold-rolled steel or 5052-H34 aluminum with Rockwell Hardness of HRB-85 or less.
- Available thread sizes: Inches: Available in #10-24 through 3/8-16. Metric: M5 x 0.8 through M10 x 1.5.
Self Clinching High-Torque Stud Application Notes:
The high-torque self-clinching stud is inserted by placing into a properly sized hole and then applying a steady squeezing force on the head of the stud. When inserted properly, the nut’s head is completely embedded in the sheet metal and flush with the sheet-metal surface.
The phosphor bronze self-clinching stud provides excellent electrical conductivity and mechanical attachment when used in copper sheet material.
Use of a high-torque self-clinching stud as your industrial fastener of choice will provide tangible advantages when compared to use of loose hardware like bolts and screws. Since insertion of self-clinching fasteners can often be accomplished via an automated process, their use can also result in reductions in your overall assembly costs. JHP Fasteners has extensive experience in this area and will be glad to pass that expertise on to you.
Contact Us Today to Learn More about Self Clinching Studs
Contact us today to check out our extensive inventory and our competitive pricing. Our ambition is not only to win your business today, but to win your business in the future. We know that the only way to do that is to provide you with the highest quality customer service.