Floating / Self-Locking Nuts
A floating locking clinch nut is a good choice for applications where mating misalignment poses a problem. These self-clinching nuts will compensate for misalignments of up to .030” () and will provide excellent torque for the mating screw. In situations that require some degree of alignment flexibility, the floating locking clinch nut may be the type of industrial fastener that you need. JHP Fasteners has a large assortment of these as well as other self-clinching nuts that will meet the demands of virtually any commercial or industrial application.
The floating locking clinch nut offers the following properties:
- Material: Available in the following material configurations and finishes:
- Body: Heat-treated carbon steel (finished in Zinc Clear). Nut: 300 series stainless steel (finished in Black Dry Film Lubricant over Cadmium Chromate).
- Body: 300 series stainless steel (finished per passivated ASTM A380). Nut: 300 series stainless steel (finished in Black Dry Film Lubricant over Cadmium Chromate).
- Thread: Self Locking Internal: ANSI B1.1, 3B/ANSI/ASME B1.13M; (6H ISO metric)
- Suitable for Use in: Materials with Rockwell Hardness of B-70 or less.
- Available Thread Sizes: Inches: Available in #4-40 through ¼ -28. Metric: Available in M3 x 0.5 through M6 x 1.0.
- Float: .015” (.4mm) minimum in all directions from the center, .030” (.8mm) total.
- The floating locking self-clinching nut provides a strong female thread ideally suited for use in cold-rolled steel, 2024-T3 aluminum, and 5052-H34 aluminum. The floating action of the nut will compensate for mating hole misalignment of up to .030” (.8mm).
- This industrial fastener provides prevailing torque for the mating screw that is equivalent to MIL-N-250-27.
- Installation of the flocking locking clinch nut is accomplished by applying a steady parallel squeezing force and can be done manually or via use of an automated press device.
JHP Fasteners has experience that extends to virtually every type of industrial fastener on the market today. That expertise has allowed us to provide valuable consultation to buyers and designers from a wide range of industries. We recognize that the selection of appropriate hardware is a critical component to the success of any project, and we will ensure that you have all the information at your disposal required to make informed decisions.
We cordially invite you to contact us today to discuss your project and to place your order!