Self Clinching Slotted, Low Profile Panel Fasteners
The low-profile panel fastener is ideally suited for applications that require the ability to quickly and easily remove sheet metal panels. These industrial fasteners are preassembled and come ready for attachment to mating panels. The screw assemblies remain captive for servicing ease and provide a low profile when properly secured. JHP Fasteners is a leading supplier of these panel fasteners and we carry an inventory that is both wide and deep.
Low-Profile Panel Fastener Properties:
- Material: Carbon steel (finished in bright nickel over a copper flash).
- Suitable for use in: Suitable for use in materials with Rockwell Hardness of B-60 or less.
- Thread: Class 2A (6g ISO metric).
- Available thread sizes: Inches: Available in #4-40 through 1/4-20 Metric: Available in M3 x 0.5 through M6 x 1.
Low-Profile Panel Fastener Application Notes:
- After insertion, the panel fastener remains captive to allow for easy servicing. The fastener has a slotted head with a deep skirt which permits either finger or tool operation.
- Depending on which thread size is used, the low-profile panel fastener will require an installation force of between 2200 and 4300 pounds when inserted in 5052-H34 aluminum sheets.
Many industrial applications today require the ability to be able to install and remove sheet metal panels without having to use tools and/or deal with loose hardware. Many applications use panel fasteners as a means of reducing labor costs associated with the servicing of hardware enclosed within sheet metal panels.
If you are looking for low-profile panel fasteners, at competitive pricing, we invite you to contact JHP Fasteners. Industrial fasteners are our specialty, and we take great pride in our ability to provide our customers with outstanding support.
Contact Us or give us a call today and take advantage of our 40 years of industry experience!