Blind Rivet Nut – Inch & Metric
A blind rivnut is a one-piece internally threaded and counterbored tubular rivet that can be anchored entirely from one side. There are two types: one is designed to form a bulge on the backside of the panel as a screw is tightened in its threads. The other is similarly drawn in using a screw but is drawn into the sleeve instead of creating a bulge. These types of blind threaded nutserts are available in inch and metric sizes. The use of blind nutserts has been proven to be an efficient and cost-effective way to fasten a wide range of applications. Other types of fastening methods including bolting, welding, screwing and applying solid rivets all require extensive time and labor.
Contact us for more information regarding our premium blind nutserts or call us at 800-783-0910, we would be happy to assist you with any questions that you may have. Monroe-JHP Fasteners is an industry leading manufacturer and supplier of blind threaded insert fasteners. If you are in the market for a blind nutsert of any type, we have what you need. For increased barriers against dirt, oil, moisture and other contaminants, we also carry self-clinching Blind Press Nuts.
Choosing the Correct Blind Rivet Nut for your ProjectThere are a wide range of blind rivet nuts that can be used for any given project. The blind nutserts that will be right for you will largely depend on your overall project requirement needs. At Monroe-JHP Fasteners we carry numerous styles of rivet nuts in a bevy of materials to suit your exact specifications. The type of blind rivet nuts we carry, include:
- Large flange, smooth body
- Small flange, smooth body
- Ribbed, large flange
- Ribbed, small flange
- Half hex, large flange
- Full hex, large flange
- Swage, small flange
- Swage, Knurled body
- Pre-bulbed, slotted body
- Straight shank, slotted body
- Floating threads
Blind Threaded Insert Material OptionsBlind rivet nuts are available in a variety of materials, sizes, and styles. They are ideal for use in limited access applications—when only one side of the host material is accessible. They are made using steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, or copper materials and are available in various finishes depending on the aesthetic requirements of your application. Head styles of these industrial fasteners include large flange, countersunk, or protruding head.
Blind rivet nuts are quick and easy to install industrial fasteners. They are valued for the bonding power and certain rivets can provide a tight seal that prevents outside debris or contamination and are available in inch or metric measurements.
Blind Rivet Nut AdvantagesThere are numerous benefits that can be ascertained from the utilization of a blind threaded insert, some of which include:
- Incredible Versatility - Blind rivet nuts are available in many types, sizes and materials to meet a wide range of requirements of increasingly demanding applications.
- Low Overall Cost – It has been estimated that up to 15 rivets per minute can be installed without any specialized labor. The unit cost is also much lower than other types of fastener devices.
- Advanced Reliability - Clamped materials that are provided the correct rivet, are built to withstand extreme vibration and severe environmental conditions.
Blind Threaded Insert Installation ProceduresBlind rivet nuts provide a convenient and effective way to fasten two or more materials, without the hassle of welding or bolting. The process for installing blind nutserts include the following steps:
- The blind threaded insert is initially set into place by applying the stem through the shell. This allows the shell to deform and securely clamp the material into place.
- After the desired clamp is attained, the stem breaks off and is no longer required.
- A small portion of the stem remains connected to the bottom of the shell, which allows the proper clamping force to be retained within the joint.
- Specialized hand or pneumatic tools then extract the stem from the blind rivet nut, leaving only the installed rivet.