Self-Clinching Blind Press Nuts
Self-clinching blind press nuts are an ideal choice for products or applications that require an industrial fastener that provides a strong barrier against dirt, oil, moisture, and other contaminants. These self-clinching nuts provide extended thread lengths when used in thin sheet metal. Monroe-JHP Fasteners is a leading supplier of industrial fasteners and can offer you a selection of self-clinching blind press nuts in a wide range of thread sizes (inch and metric). You can also choose between heat-treated carbon steel and 300 series stainless steel.
Please see our Blind Rivet Nuts/Blind Nuts for when only one side of the host material is accessible.
Self-Clinching Blind Press Nut Properties
- Material: Heat-treated carbon steel or 300 series stainless steel.
- Finish: The heat-treated carbon steel nut is finished in zinc clear. The 300 series stainless steel nut is passivated per ASTM A380.
- Suitable for use in: The heat-treated carbon steel nut is suitable for use in materials with HRB-80 or less. The 300 series stainless steel nut is suitable for use in materials with HRB-70 or less.
- Available thread sizes: Inches: Available in #4-40 through #10-32. Metric: M3 through M6.
Blind Self-Clinching Press Nut Application Notes
- The self-clinching blind press nut is an economical alternative to nut and screw-type hardware. The self-clinching blind press nut requires no seals and eliminates the need for cumbersome assembly processes.
- Insertion into holes in sheet metal is accomplished via application of a steady squeezing force. This squeezing process results in the cold-flow of the sheet metal, which is displaced by the nut’s knurl. When properly inserted, the knurl prevents torque-out during the tightening of the mated part.
- These self-clinching blind press nuts are identical to industry standards in all respects and are suitable for use in automated assembly processes.
During the early stages of design of your product, it is important to give adequate consideration to the types of connection mechanisms that will be most appropriate for your design. JHP Fasteners has a wealth of knowledge and experience to bring to bear for you.
Why choose JHP Fasteners For Blind Self-Clinching Blind Press Nuts?
- Full product offering: Have you ever visited a supplier of industrial fasteners only to be disappointed by a narrow product offering? That will not be the case with Monroe JHP Fasteners. We take great pride in our ability to offer a product catalog that is both broad and deep. You will find what you need when you do business with us.
- Experienced sales professionals: If you need expert consultation, we have people who can provide it. Our sales professional can provide you with information that will be meaningful, accurate, and timely.
Contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you!