Self Clinching Floating Nuts
A floating clinch nut is a good choice for applications where misalignment of mating components is a problem. These self-clinching nuts will compensate for misalignments of up to .030” (). If you need an industrial fastener that provides this type of alignment flexibility, then the floating clinch nut could be the answer to your problem. JHP Fasteners has a large assortment of these as well as other self-clinching nuts that will meet the demands of virtually any commercial or industrial application.
Floating Clinch Nut Options
- heat-treated carbon steel
- 300 series stainless steel
- Non-locking: Class 2B
- MIL-S-7742; (6H ISO metric)
- Heat-treated carbon steel nut is finished in Zinc clear.
- 300 series stainless steel nut is finished per passivated ASTM A380
- Suitable for Use in materials with Rockwell Hardness of B-70 or less.
- Available Thread Sizes: Inches: Available in #4-40 through ¼ -28. Metric: Available in M3 x 0.5 through M6 x 1.0.
- Float: .015” (.4mm) minimum in all directions from the center, .030” (.8mm) total.
Self Clinching Floating Nut Application Notes:
- The floating self-clinching nut provides a strong female thread ideally suited for use in cold-rolled steel, 2024-T3 aluminum, and 5052-H34 aluminum. The floating action of the nut will compensate for mating hole misalignment of up to .030” (.8mm).
- This industrial fastener utilizes a clinch feature that provides excellent torque-out and push-out performance and is installed via application of a parallel squeezing force.
- The floating self-clinching nut is available in non-locking and self-locking versions.
If you have any doubt as to which type of industrial fastener will best suit your specific needs, JHP Fasteners can assist you. In our 40 years of experience, we have seen virtually every type of fastener requirement and have provided expert guidance to countless customers from a whole host of industries. Regardless of the size of your project and your subsequent purchase, you will be treated with the attention and respect that you deserve.
Contact JHP Fasteners for all your Self Clinching Floating Nut Needs.
Contact us today to experience the JHP Fastener difference!