Hardened Nuts for Stainless Steel Sheets
If your product or application requires an industrial fastener that is ideally suited for use on stainless steel sheet metal, JHP Fasteners recommends the use of a self-clinching nut that is designed specifically for that purpose. JHP Fasteners offers self-clinching nuts for stainless steel in a wide variety of thread-sizes (both inch and metric). At JHP fasteners, you will find the self-clinching nut that you are looking for.
Typical properties of the self-clinching nut for stainless steel would include:
- Material: Precipitation Hardening Grade Stainless Steel.
- Thread: Class 2B, MIL-S-7742; (6H ISO Metric).
- Finish: Passivated ASTM A380.
- Suitable for Use in: Materials with Rockwell Hardness of B-88 or less.
- Available Thread Sizes: Inches: Available in #4-40 through ¼-20. Metric: M3 x 0.5 through M6 x 1.0
As with all self-clinching nuts, self-clinching nuts for stainless steel offer the following advantages:
- Exceptional load-bearing strength: Provides strong load-bearing threads in stainless sheet metal as thin as .030” (0.8mm).
- Distortion-free installation: When proper installation force is used, the threads in a self-clinching nut will not be damaged or distorted.
- Simple Installation: The nut is inserted via application of a squeezing force, which is easily accomplished via use of any parallel press device.
The installation process can be easily automated.
Care should be taken when choosing the most suitable industrial fastener for any commercial or industrial application. At JHP Fasteners, we have the breadth and depth of industry experience necessary to provide you with expert guidance on selection of an industrial fastener that will satisfy the demands of your application. We do not just sell fasteners. We provide our customers with the added value of providing expert consultation. Contact us today if you need professional consultation. We are standing by to serve you!