Self Clinching Nuts for PC Boards
Broaching-type fasteners can be used on printed circuit boards as well as on many other types of brittle materials. They are often used on materials composed of glass laminate or epoxy bases. They are also designed for use on materials that are too thin to support adequate threading. These industrial fasteners are available from JHP Fasteners and can be ordered in a variety of thread sizes and materials.
Typical properties of the broaching-type fastener:
- Material: Your choice of:
- Carbon steel (finished in electro tin plating (zinc optional))
- 300 series stainless steel (finished per Passivated ASTM A380)
- Suitable for use in: Materials with Rockwell Hardness of B-60 or less.
- Thread: Class 2B, MIL-S-772, (6g ISO metric).
- Available thread sizes:
- M2 x 0.4
- M2.5 x 0.45
- M3 x 0.5
- M4 x 0.7
- M5 x 0.8
- The broaching-type fastener is designed with a knurled shank that can be pressed into an appropriately sized hole that has either been drilled or punched. When properly installed, the knurled shank grips the printed circuit board (or other material being used) by broaching its way into the board as it is being pressed into the hole. Depending on thread size being used, an insertion force of between 400 and 700 pounds will be required.
- The broaching-type fastener is identical to all industry standards, thereby allowing them to be fed through standard automatic insertion equipment. This allows for significant savings in production/assembly costs.
- Depending on the thread size being used, the following performance ranges will be achieved (based on fiberglass thickness of .060” (1.5mm)).
- Push-out performance: Between 60 and 100 pounds
- Torque-out performance: Between 6 and 40 pounds
The broaching-type fastener is an ideal choice when sheet materials of glass laminate or epoxy bases are being used. They are a common choice in many electronic products and applications. JHP Fasteners can evaluate your particular requirement and help you determine whether or not this is the type of industrial fastener that is best suited for your unique application.
Contact JHP Fastener Today For Self Clinching Nuts for PCB's
Contact us for any industrial fastener requirement you may have. We will work hard to win, and retain, your business!