Stainless Steel, Steel Zinc & Aluminum Self Clinching Nuts
Self-clinching nuts are a common choice for products and applications that require an industrial fastener that provides strong load-bearing threads in sheet metal and other thin-section assemblies
Self-clinching nuts are available from JHP Fasteners and are available in stainless steel, steel zinc, and aluminum material options in numerous thread sizes (inch and metric). Contact us for more information on how our metal self clinching nuts can improve your project or call us at 800-783-0910, and we will happily answer your specific swage nut questions.
Self Clinching Swage Nut Material OptionsDepending on your project specifications, self-clinching fasteners and PEM nuts are available in several different material options. These materials provide good strength and corrosion resistance in a wide range of environments. Almost all JHP Fasteners self clinching nuts are available in inch and metric sizes and are available in the following material options:
- Stainless Steel
- Carbon Steel (clear zinc finish)
Suitable for Use in:
- Carbon Steel – use in materials with HRB-80 or less
- Stainless Steel – use in materials with HRB-70 or less
- Aluminum – use in materials with HRB-50 or less
- By installing a self clinching nut through the application of a squeezing force via a parallel press device, the knurled shank will permanently be set in the sheet material.
- Since the clinching process takes place on the fastener side of the sheet surface, the opposite side retains a smooth and flush condition.
- By utilizing proper installation force, the threads in the self-clinching nut will not be damaged or distorted.
Self Clinching Nut Installation ProcessWhen utilized within a ductile metal, PEM nuts displace the host material around the mounting hole, causing it to cold flow into a specially designed annular recess in the shank or pilot of the fastener. A serrated clinching ring, knurl, ribs, or hex head prevents the fastener from rotating in the host material once it has been properly inserted. Once installed, the self clinching swage nut becomes a permanent part of the assembly in which they are installed.
Self Clinching Nut Application AdvantagesMetal self-clinching nuts take less space and require fewer assembly operations than other fasteners with similar features. They also have greater reusability and more holding power than sheet metal screws. Some of the other key benefits associated with self clinching stainless steel, steel zinc, and aluminum swage nuts, include:
- High torque-out resistance
- Strong threads
- Can be installed via parallel squeeze force
- No retapping post installation
At JHP Fasteners, that is our expertise. We have the industry knowledge and experience that will allow us to provide you with expert guidance in the selection of an industrial fastener that will fully satisfy all the unique requirements of your product.
Contact JHP Fasteners for Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel or Aluminum Swage Nuts Today
Contact us for more information regarding our self clinching nut material options or request a quote for further pricing details today. At JHP Fasteners, we stock the aluminum, stainless steel and carbon steel self clinching nuts you need; at a price you deserve.