Spring Top Standoffs for Metal
If your application requires use of an industrial fastener that can be permanently inserted into sheet metal, you should consider the use of a spring-top standoff. These self-clinching fasteners have a spring-action post that enables quick attachment and removal with a simple snap. Spring-top standoffs are available from JHP Fasteners in a variety of materials and lengths.
The spring-top standoff has the following properties:
- Material: Available in the following materials:
- 7075-T6 aluminum (plain finish)
- Carbon steel (finished in Zinc clear)
- 400 series stainless steel (finished per Passivated ASTM A380)
- Suitable for use in: As follows:
- 7075-T6 aluminum – use in cold-rolled steel with HRB-50 or less
- Carbon steel – use in cold-rolled steel with HRB-60 or less
- 400 Series stainless steel – use in cold-rolled steel with HRB-70 or less
- Available lengths:
- Inches: .250, .312, .375, .437, .500, .562, .625, .750, .875, 1.00
- Metric (mm): 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 25
- The spring-top standoff is inserted into sheet metal by pressing into a prepared hole. The insertion process can be performed manually or by use of an automated press device.
- This self-clinching fastener provides quick attachment and removal and eliminates the problems associated with loose hardware.
- Performance data as follows:
- Push-out performance: For .040” aluminum HRB 25 --- push-out = 200 pounds. For .060” cold-rolled steel HRB 64 --- push-out = 600 pounds.
- Max. first on force: For .040” aluminum HRB 25---max force = 10 pounds. For .060” cold-rolled steel HRB 64---max force = 20 pounds.
- Min. first off force: For .040” aluminum HRB 25---min force = 3 pounds. For .060” cold-rolled steel HRB 64---min force = 6 pounds.
Application of a robust industrial fastener that will provide a permanent standoff is often a crucial design requirement within many industrial and commercial products. The spring-top standoff is often the best choice for those types of products. In addition to a wide variety of other types of self-clinching fasteners, JHP Fasteners offers a full suite of spring-top standoffs. JHP Fasteners brings 40 years of industry experience to work for you. We can answer virtually any industry-related question that you may have.
Contact Us Today For Spring Top Standoff Fasteners
Contact or Call us for any industrial fastener requirement you may have. We will work hard to win your business!