The one trend that is consistent across virtually every electronic product today is the need to reduce package size. Squeezing more electrical and mechanical components into smaller environments is a challenge faced by many of today’s design engineers. The use of industrial fasteners that are sized to meet these requirements has become increasingly common, and miniature self-clinching fasteners are now a typical choice for many products and applications. If your particular product requires a miniature self-clinching standoff, JHP Fasteners can offer you a wide selection from which to choose.
Miniature Self-Clinching Standoff Properties
- Material: Available in heat-treated carbon steel and 300 series stainless steel.
- Thread: Class 2B, MIL-S-7742; (6H ISO Metric).
- Heat-treated carbon steel is finished in Zinc Yellow.
- 300 series stainless steel is finished per passivated ASTM A380.
- Suitable for use in:
- The heat-treated carbon steel standoff is suitable for use in materials with HRB-80 or less.
- The 300 series stainless steel standoff is suitable for use in materials with HRB-70 or less.
- Available thread sizes: Inches: Available in #4-40. Metric: Available in M3.
Mini Self-Clinching Standoff Application Notes:
- The miniature self-clinching standoff is ideally suited for use in applications with limited space. These industrial fasteners provide secure attachment of D-sub connectors to their respective backplanes. They also provide a flush mounting surface suitable for RFI/EMI gaskets.
- The miniature self-clinching standoff is typically used in sheet materials of cold-rolled steel or 5052-H34 Aluminum.
For any application that requires the fitting of many components into a limited space while, at the same time, maintaining mechanical and electrical integrity, it is imperative that active consideration be given to selection of the most appropriate industrial fasteners. With over 40 years of industry experience under our belts, JHP Fasteners can assist you in making a product selection that will be best suited for your unique application. In addition to informative consultation, you will find our pricing to be very competitive and our inventory to be well stocked.
Contact JHP Fasteners Today
Contact us today and give us the opportunity to win your business! You will be glad that you did!