Large Head High-Torque Self Clinching Studs
The large wide-head self-clinching stud provides distinct advantages when compared to weld studs and other types of fasteners. They provide additional strength and stability and can be used in materials as thin as .040” (1mm). This large head high torque self clinching stud industrial fastener is available from JHP Fasteners in a variety of thread sizes (inch and metric). Contact Us today to place your next high torques self-clinching stud fastener order.
Properties of the wide-head self-clinching stud:
- Material: Heat-treated medium carbon steel (finished in Zinc clear).
- Suitable for use in: Use in cold-rolled steel or 5052-H34 aluminum with Rockwell Hardness of HRB-85 or less.
- Thread: Class 2A, MIL-S-7742; (6g ISO metric)
- Available thread sizes: Inches: Available in #10-32, 1/4-20, and 5/16-18. Metric: Available in M5 x 0.8, M6 x 1.0, and M8 x 1.25.
- The wide-head self-clinching stud is inserted by placing into a properly sized hole and then squeezing into position via use of any standard press device. The metal displaced by the squeezing process flows around the ribs and into the groove providing high torque-out and push-out performance. Depending on stud thread size and sheet material, an installation force of between 7500 and 15500 pounds will be required for proper insertion.
- These industrial fasteners provide strong and durable performance. For example:
- Depending on stud thread size and the type of sheet material being used, these self-clinching studs provide push-out performance of between 165 and 570 pounds. Torque-out performance would be between 58 and 288 pounds. Pull-thru performance would be between 1900 and 6400 pounds.
As the above data indicates, the wide-head self-clinching stud provides performance that is difficult to beat in terms of strength and durability. They also eliminate the costly and cumbersome process associated with the use of weld studs. If you want to avoid welding, then selection of the wide-head self-clinching stud may be the fastener for you.
If you have any uncertainty regarding which type of industrial fastener would be best suited for your unique application, give us a call and let us assist you. With 40 years of industry experience at our disposal, we can answer most any question that you may have.
Contact us today for an expert consultation or to place your order!