Self Clinching Flush Head Self-Clinching Pins
The self-clinching pin provides a strong flush-head assembly in materials as thin as .040” (1mm). It will also provide strong push-out performance and is a popular choice in situations where push-out strength is a primary design consideration. JHP Fasteners carries a large inventory of these industrial fasteners in a wide range of pin diameters and lengths. They are also available in four different materials, which enhances their overall versatility as a self-clinching fastener.
Properties of the self-clinching pin would include:
- Material: The self-clinching pin is available in:
- Carbon steel, heat treated (finished in Zinc clear)
- Carbon steel, non-heat treated (finished in Zinc clear)
- 300 series stainless steel (finished per passivated ASTM A380)
- 2024-T4 aluminum (no finish)
- Suitable for use in:
- Carbon steel, heat treated - use in materials with HRB-80 or less
- Carbon steel, non heat treated - use in materials with HRB-50 or less
- 300 series stainless steel - use in materials with HRB-70 or less
- 2024-T4 aluminum – use in materials with HRB-50 or less
- Available pin diameters: Inches: Available in 17 different diameters ranging from .073 to .281. Metric: Available in 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm.
The self-clinching pin may be used in materials as thin as .040” (1mm). When properly inserted, the pin’s head will be flush with its surrounding material. The finished assembly provides high push-out performance.
The self-clinching pin is a popular choice as an industrial fastener due to its simplicity, relative ease-of-use, and strong performance. The fact that it is available in a variety of materials gives it added flexibility in terms of suitable applications.
Contact Us Today!
With 40 years of working experience in the industrial fastener market segment, JHP Fasteners can offer tangible, value-added service to your fastener-buying process. If you have a firm grasp on what you need, call us to place an order. If you need professional consultation, contact us to start that process.